Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Would you rather wash your hair than go on an uninspiring date?

There was a time when I was quite active in the online dating scene and it became so tedious to eat my way around Sydney's restaurants that I even thought of starting a blog called "Blokes with Style" - so I could help guys out with a bit of creativity!

I work in innovation and creativity and what I do day in and day out is to champion and create unordinary events, experiences and unusual approaches to break monotony, routine and dead-end relationships at work.

My own marriage failed largely because I married the world's most unimaginative risk-averse person- a good man but hopelessly wrong for me.

But I am not alone in valuing the creative effort above all else in the romance department. Every Christmas and birthday, let alone Valentine's Day, millions of women wake up to an after-thought or a poorly thought through gift, or none at all....just Happy Birthday- go pick your wn present and I'll pay for it scenario.

So, when I saw this story, despite the fact that its late after a long day and I have another long day ahead of me tomorrow, I simply had to capture it in this blog!

To quote from it: Psychologists Jens Förster, Kai Epstude and Amina Özelsel from the University of Amsterdam concluded that love literally makes us think differently. Our creative faculties are triggered, not just our analytical thinking. The opposite happens when we simply think about sex: Our analytical capacities are increased as our creativity diminishes.

I think when men realise that women read the degree of passion that a man feels for them in the degree of effort he makes to be creative and artful in his wooing and courtship- just as the woman expresses her degree of passion through the trouble she takes over her appearance, dress, hair, figure etc....

When both sexes get this connection between creativity and love, maybe then we will see more relationships saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed in the spirit of honouring one another with love, respect and dignity.