Sunday, November 7, 2010

Alone for Thanksgiving? Make new friends and give thanks together

I am not American, but the idea of reflecting collectively as a community on the blessings we enjoy in our lives is something that has always appealed to me, and there should be more of it.

So imagine my delight when last Saturday night Frank Nicholas, (CEO aka Chef, Expediter and Operator) at the recently opened Blue Plate Bar and Grill in Neutral Bay told me that they are offering a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner on 25 November, right down the road from where I live in Sydney.

Well, I jumped on Twitter and within minutes folks started putting up their hands to join me in putting a few tables together for anyone who wants to join in.

The only proviso folks...if you sign up, please honour the commitment as its not cool to drop out and leave others to make up the shortfall.

The Menu ( Paired with American wines)
Entree: Acorn squash soup, followed by a honeydew melon sorbet palate cleaser
Main course: Corn-bread stuffed roast turkey with cranberry sauce, candied yams, sweet potatoe pie, succotash, green beans
Dessert: Pecan pie or pumpkin pie

Here's the deal:
Venue: The Blue Plate Bar & Grill, 24 Young St ( entrance on Grosvenor St), Neutral Bay, 2089,Sydney.
Time: 8pm sitting
Price: $76 per adult for 3 course set menu paired with American wines ( a child's price is available on request)
RSVP: Leave a comment below and I will e-mail you directly, or tweet me @the4thchakra on Twitter

As a frequent traveller, I have often found myself alone in far away places during traditional cultural celebrations like Christmas or Easter, and find those times really challenging to be alone. So if this applies to you, why not join a group of warm-hearted welcoming strangers in a similar boat? It may just be the start of a beautiful friendship.

1 comment:

  1. We have 9 folks confirmed, 3 places available as at 22 November.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed in the spirit of honouring one another with love, respect and dignity.